First about Mitchell:
Mitch got home last night. Late. By the time we went to bed it was almost 1. And still, somehow, Mitchell managed to get up at 5:45-ish to go get the Blackberry Storm. The store was opening at 8:00 and they only had thirty of them so he wanted to go and make sure he got his. (He probably would have camped out last night had his flight not gotten in so late.) I thought about going with him so that we could have We-Woke-Up-Really-Really-Early-To-Wait-In-Line-For-Something-Lots-Of-People-Want pictures but, eh. It was early. I was fine with him getting it though because at least it wasn't the iPhone and at least we didn't have to switch carriers. (And as Mitch told me, "You like weather." Because it's the Storm. And I really do like weather.)
Anyway, Mitch is happy now.
Now about me:
I knew that I'd been accepted to the Elementary Education program at school but I didn't know what section/cohort I'd be in. I found out today that I got in to the 8-12 cohort (the one I wanted) for school next semester. That's good, good, good. A lot of people didn't get it and were mad. Now I need to decide whether to take my math class at 7 am or at noon. You say take the noon class. And obviously normally I would. However. There are pros and cons--
1. There will be three weeks during the semester where we don't have classes because we're doing field experience. Normally they don't even allow students in the program to take the noon class because you might end up missing three weeks of the class. I worked it out with my professor but there's a chance it'll still be a problem later. (And a chance it won't.)
2. The noon class is taught by the same professor I have now and I absolutely love the way she teaches. I'm not a math person and it's hard for me to find math teachers that I like. If I have one I like, I tend to want to stick with them if possible.
3. Although the program is 8-12, there are a lot of days that we'll be done by 11. Do I really want to have to wait an hour to go to my math class?
4. We don't have our program classes on Friday but I'd still have math. Do I want one random class at 12? Or do I want it at 7 so that I can leave when my classes are done?
5. My parking spot is far. If I have a 7:00 class, I'll have to leave home by like... 6:40. Maybe earlier. And walk across campus in the snow (at least for awhile).
6. But then, with the 7:00 class I could be done with classes by 11 - 12 and work the rest of the afternoon. Which I want to do because I'm a little bored with not working.
7. A couple of other girls I'm friends with are talking about taking the 7:00 class.
[sigh] Tough decision.
2 comments:
Snow is bad... I vote noon. The snow will be mostly melted and the sun out. A few months of walking in the snow can seem like a lot longer. And you might get frostbite...Also, if your first class is over at 11, you'll have an hour for lunch/homework. And food is important. Very important.
hey! Great blog. Are you math ed? I was math. I did take one math ed class, though. Who's your teacher you like so much? I recommend 7am class. Definitely.
Post a Comment