Thursday, November 13, 2008

Thursday-ings.

13. 2nd graders.

I'm. so. tired. today.

For the last three days, I've gotten up at 7:00-ish in the morning to go to 2nd grade. And I've totally loved being there but... Mitch and I need to get back to going to bed way earlier.

Today I got to do a bunch more of the actual teaching instead of mostly observing. Mrs. Carlile said that I have a good teaching voice. And that I work well with the kids. And that I ask the reading groups good questions. And that I have good spacing (like in between giving answers and stuff). And that I'm always very punctual. [beams]

Now I'm done helping in that class. I'm done with all of my hours. And I know, YAY! I'm done with my hours but... I kind of liked those kids. And yeah, I was only there for about 10 hours over three days but... in that time I learned all of the kids' names. And their personalities. If someone would pay me to keep helping in Mrs. Carlile's class, I'd be all over it. Those kids are darling. And Mrs. Carlile is such a cute teacher. I loved it. Kids like that are the reason people teach for ridiculously low salaries.

Anyway, somehow I'm supposed to get homework done tonight. And we're supposed to go to the gym when Mitch gets home. Yeah, about that...

1 comment:

Whitney R said...

That class sounds like so much fun! I used to want to be a teacher. All growing up until I hit high school - that's when I decided I wanted to be a nurse. Then changed my mind when I realized I wasn't getting into nursing school and was getting married and had to come back to rexburg, which meant not going to nursing school (since there was no way I was getting into BYU-I's).

This post makes me (almost) want to be a teacher again! But mostly just want my own babies.