Monday, November 24, 2008

Home buyers.

Well.

We did it.

We bought our house.

Welllllll, we bought it. Technically the Sellers aren't selling it until tomorrow morning at 10:00. [sigh] For some reason the Lender didn't get us everything until 1:00-ish so the Sellers decided to close tomorrow instead and we said it was okay. (What choice did we have?) We still went in and signed everything though. We're done. And we get keys tomorrow morning. I just have one thing to say:

YAY!!!

I am SO excited to finally have our new house. I swear last night was like Christmas Eve-- I could not sleep. And poor Mitchell could have slept except for my tossing and turning (and letting the kitties come in and sleep with us). But now it's done (mostly) and I feel more... relaxed?

We started packing this morning and finished (mostly) tonight. Thankfully all we had to pack this time is the stuff we've had at Mitch's parents'. Everything else is already packed and in storage. We're still going to have to move it and unpack it. But at least it's already packed.

My poor kitties. They know something is going on but they probably have no idea what. Last time we got their carriers out they took at 15+ hour road trip. Not this time, Kitties! They're going to love our new house. You will too.

So anyway, tomorrow is the BIG moving day. In some sense, that's even better than all the signing. And I think everyone should stop by for tours tomorrow. (I know I'm lame but this is the most exciting thing in my life right now.)

And I know I have a lot to be grateful for right now. First and foremost is still my husband-- Thanks for my house, Mitchell Jay. I love it (and I love you)! And to catch up on my thankful list:

17. Emily, Tracy, and Freddy are coming to my house for Thanksgiving!
18. I found the receipt to Target that I was looking for.
19. I'm starting to get to know my SIL, Sabrynna, more.
20. I got the 8-12 cohort for school next semester.
21. Our poor car that keeps on going for us.
22. Finding a rug for our living room.
23. Customer service people that are willing to admit their mistakes and fix them.
24. Simply Orange with Mango. (Mmm!)

2 comments:

Whitney R said...

This is very exciting! Can't wait till I read a post that says "Sleeping in your own house is AMAZING!"

HalnJess said...

CONGRATS!!!!