Today doesn't really feel like a typical Sunday.
We went to our new (future) ward today but it was at 2:30 so it felt like all day was just spent getting ready for church, if that makes sense. We super like our new (future) ward so far though. They seem really friendly and really on top of things (they've already offered to help us move!). Sacrament meeting was okay (except we need to speed up the organ a bit) and then after we met with the 2nd counselor in the bishopric, the Sunday School president, one Elders Quorum president, and both of the Relief Society presidents. Turns out, the ward is big enough they split into two for the third hour. We've been told that our house is on the West side. From everyone we've talked to, it sounds like that's the best side to be on. I mean, not that it matters.
After church (we only stayed for the first two hours because of M's flight) we came home, ate dinner really fast and picked up Mitch's suitcase, and left for the airport. (Oh and also, I wore my new dress to church with my new boots. This is relevant because I was still wearing the outfit when I dropped Mitchell off. And, I drove home in my boots. Have you ever tried driving in heels? Normally I just take them off but: 1. They weren't as easy to slip off and 2. Today was my first day to wear them so I didn't want to take them off.) Now Mitch is on his plane, headed towards San Francisco.
Also, I need to catch up on being grateful for things.
14. Our new (future) ward (and that our house is on the West side-- not that it matters).
15. My new dress and new boots (that I didn't pay full price for).
16. That the direction of the winds that are fueling the fire by my parents' house has changed.
I know it's not even 8 yet but, I seriously feel like it's so late. And I still have some things to do before I go to bed. Blogging was number four on the list but, I got it done first.
Halloween in New Zealand
11 years ago
2 comments:
2:40?! That is the latest church I've ever heard of. And I went to a 1:45 ward. We now go at 9, but next year will go at 11. I think 10 is the perfect time.
Hal is in SF today (and this week) if they want to do lunch!!
Post a Comment