There are two rows of snobs in my math class. Well, one row of super-snobs, one row of usually-snobs, and then a cluster of not-really-snobs-but-pretty-and-not-super-friendly-to-anyone-but-each-others in the back corner on the other side of the room. You know who you are.
Anyway, the room is four rows and two sections. I'm in the front of the left section, the super-snobs are in the third row of the left section. And really? They need to learn to keep their mouths shut. Another girl in the class has mentioned a few things she has overheard them say about our professor. And I've heard them say a couple things too. But today they really got to me because their comment was directed at me.
Our professor was showing us something and I asked if she was going to show us another part of it. And I swear I heard one of them say to the other, "She's going to teach it," in her snotty little voice.
?!
Excuse me? Why don't you just shove off? Or better, grow up. It wasn't a stupid question.
And I know reading about it it probably doesn't seem like a big deal for her to say that (granted, someone could have said the same thing in a different tone and it would have been no big deal) but, you should have heard her voice. Super snobby and whispery like she only meant for the girls next to her to hear.
They're lucky they left early today because I swear I was going to talk to them after class and tell them that if they're going to make snobby comments during class about other people they should make a better effort at saying them so that the people they're talking about can't hear.
Whatever. Our professor likes me way better than them. And, I'm better at the class than them. So there.
(Also, one of the super-snobs got engaged and they kept talking and giggling during class and our professor had to tell them like seven times to be quiet.)
Halloween in New Zealand
11 years ago
2 comments:
Ugh I HATE college girls. Especially teacher-majors. I've had plenty of experience with situations like that... directed at me (to my face in group settings) when I was an undergrad. Even at a Christian school like Azusa Pacific you can't escape it! Sorry it happened to you Jess... at least you're a bigger person than they are (and a better student!)
haha, you should look at her ring and say, "It's not very big...." :)
Snobs drive me up the wall. I'm sorry you have to deal with them a few times a week.
Post a Comment