Last Saturday we went down to the pumpkin patch at the Red Barn in Santaquin. We went last year and had fun so, I wanted to go again.
But really, this year's pumpkins seemed kind of meh. They were mostly all picked already and the ones that were left weren't the best ones. We were able to find a couple that we liked though. We also did the hayride but it was hay-less and cold. You'd think we would have learned from last year but, apparently we didn't.
(Also, it was funny-- we kept running into people we know. We saw Erin and her family and Espencer. Random.)
Anyway, we waited until Halloween to carve our pumpkins (just due to a lack of time to carve them before that).
I invited Em over so she carved her pumpkin with us too.
Mine is the one on the far left. It took me like ten minutes and I didn't use a pattern. [shrug] It's a jack-o-lantern. Next is Em's. It took her like... I don't know, twenty seven minutes or something and she used a pattern. She chose this pattern because it's a vampire like Edward from Twilight. Finally, the last one is Mitch's. It took him like... probably close to an hour. He's very precise about doing things like this. It's fine though because normally I'm a perfectionist.
It's funny though because we always do this. Mitch picks his pattern super fast and then takes forever to finish the project. I take forever picking my pattern but then I'm done with it way fast. This is exactly what happened with our art project at the Glenbow Museum in Calgary.
Anyway. It was fun.
(Turns out I'm kind of a Halloween grinch. I guess I've known it for awhile but, I don't get super into Halloween. Which is why I was content to just carve pumpkins.)
2 comments:
Great pumpkins!
This is the first year I didn't carve a pumpkin..... I'll probably be a little sad about it until I do it next year:)
Nuh uh, you're no Halloween grinch! Remember our awesome Halloween when we all dressed up and went to the ward party! I still have those pictures hanging up:)
Post a Comment