Oh first, my 11. and 12. things that I'm grateful for:
11. Flags.
12. Fruit snacks.
(Yes, really to both.)
So, tonight I was talking to some of the girls (that I like) from my math class and I mentioned the snobs and one of the girls was like, "I know! That's why I moved to the other side of the room!" I was so pleased.
Also, I absolutely love my Children's Literature teacher, Miss Julie. (Technically I think she's Dr. Clark or something but she let us call her Miss Julie.) She loves America and flags like me. Today she shared a book (and how we could use it in the classroom) with us about flag etiquette and I all of a sudden had this burning desire to ask her if she has a flag pole in her front yard. She just seems like the kind of person who would. [shrug] So I asked her. (Everyone that overheard me probably thought I was nuts for asking.) And SHE DOES!!! I knew it! I just knew it! And, she said that she has it lit up. Way to go, Miss Julie! Now I like her even more.
(One more thing-- I've been doing some of my classroom hours this week and the last two days I've been there when they've said the Pledge of Alligiance so I've gotten to say it too!)
And last thing (promise). Since we've been living all the way up in Draper and my school is in Orem (30ish minutes, for those that don't know), I've been going to the library during my big gap in classes. Lately Mitch has been studying for the GMAT and, since he's more focused at the library than he is at home (imagine that), he has been coming down to Orem with me everyday. Anyway, today I pursuaded him to come to my school and use the WiFi there while I was in class (eliminating the extra drive back to the library to pick him up). After our break a couple of the girls that are in a bunch of my classes went and sat in the computer lab (Oh, we're supposed to go back to class after the break?) and had this whole long conversation about their personal lives with him right there. Mitch had headphones in but he still heard the whole thing. Awesome. They may still be pretty but, I feel a little less inadequate compared to them now.
Halloween in New Zealand
11 years ago
2 comments:
Oh, Tuesday a very very pregnant girl in one of my classes gave me Care Bear Fruit snacks. At 7:45 in the morning I got so excited I ate them.
I am SOOOOO excited about your new place! It looks absolutely precious (okay, sorry about "precious" in case Mitch reads this)
Yay for you guys!! I bet you will LOVE IT!!!
And we hate snobs. But the sweet revenge is that 2nd graders hate snobs, too. So they won't last long...
Post a Comment