Friday we were on our own. We went to Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty.
We did the audio tours at both so, we kind of forgot to take many pictures. We both really like Ellis Island. The problem with Lady Liberty was that we'd bought tickets ahead of time so we felt like we had to go to the top (of the pedestal). But the line was honestly an hour and a half line because you had to go through security (for like... the 90th time). By the time we even got into the statue, I was done.
(None of our pictures from Liberty are good so... we'll skip posting those.)
The ferry took us back to New York and we stopped by Wall Street and the New York Stock Exchange. I made Mitch get his picture taken.
Then we saw the World Trade Center site. We thought about doing the tour and all but by then we were toured out. So instead we had lunch.
After lunch we took the subway up to Aubrey's work and met her there. We rested and talked (tourist-ing is exhausting!) and then, when we were good and rested, we took another subway up to Yankee Stadium for the Yankee's game (versus the Oakland A's!).
I started out sitting on Mitch's other side but Aubrey and I were having so much fun talking that I finally switched spots with Mitch. It was funny because we really had planned on only staying for like... four innings. Who likes baseball? It was fun though! Our tickets weren't super great but it was fun just being there. So we stayed for seven (almost eight?) innings. And the Yankees won. The main reason we left was because we were exhausted (nothing new there, right?).
2 comments:
"Who likes baseball"?????
That must be the Canadian part of you talking!!!
I like baseball... this is a nice game...
Get More Details
Post a Comment