Day 2 was a lot less exciting and we don't have many pictures. (Easier to blog about!)
We went to sacrament meeting, the Pentagon (not much to see there), and then back to the hotel. We rested for a little while and ventured out to see the D.C. temple. And by "see" I mean "try to see" because we didn't actually end up seeing it at all. We took the Metro up to the right exit, got off, and expected to find a taxi. Unfortunately, there were no taxis and nobody wanted to come get us just to drive us a two miles each way. After waiting awhile (in the heat) we finally went home. I was so sad. I still don't have the best feelings towards Maryland.
On the way back, we stopped at Union Station and wandered around there a bit. We also made it to the Post Office Museum before it closed.
(The sign here said they would fit 12-17 people in/on a stage coach like this! And it was a 26 day trip! I can't even imagine.)
When we got back, we went to dinner and then went back to the hotel for the night. That's it. (I wasn't feeling well after dinner and there wasn't much open to do on a Sunday night.)
Day 2, done.
2 comments:
Oh! When you went to the Pentagon, did you go and see the memorial garden?
Can you post Pentagon city's more pics
Get More Details
Post a Comment