Yep. In about a week. Specifically, we're packing everything up a week from today and it's being shipped and then we're driving out next Friday. With both kitties.
So. Everyone wants details.
Well, here's the thing. The original plan was that I'd transfer to Cal State East Bay out here. But you know what they say about even the best laid plans. CSU-EB won't take very many of my credits. I thought they'd just take my Associates Degree and just make me finish the rest but, no luck. So either we stay here and I finish the "3 1/2 - 4 years" the adviser said it'd probably take me, or we go home. We've been thinking about it for a little while but it seemed impossible. And then Mitch got his new calling and we kinda figured it meant stay here.
But!
Last week Mitch's work offered him a position in Arizona. He'll still be working for the same company, just assigned to a different role. Basically that means that every other week they'll fly him out on Monday and fly him back Thursday. Then, on Fridays and the other week, he's able to work remotely (i.e. from home). He's actually in Arizona right now. And it's hard having him gone but, it'll be okay. He's back tomorrow. And I'll be able to finish school. Which leads us back to the original explanation. School starts the 27th so we're planning on moving out next week for me to be there in time. I even have all my classes scheduled.
And what about here? Well, we're sorry to leave. We've really liked a lot of things about living here (which we'll get to in a future post). And even though things haven't always been perfect here, it has become home. We've listed our contract for sale here and we're hoping it sells. We're (okay, I since M is in AZ) am starting to pack. It's hard to pack though when I know I might need some of these things. I'm up to... what? 14 boxes? And the people from our complex are coming tomorrow to do a pre-inspection of our apartment to tell us if there's anything we need to do to be able to keep as much of our deposit as possible. Sounds good to me.
Anyway. That's the gist of everything. We're getting ready. And yet, somehow, I don't know if we'll ever be completely ready.
Time for bed.
Halloween in New Zealand
11 years ago
2 comments:
Fun! I'm excited for you guys to come back. You'll hve to tell us where you're living.
I'm confused by this post, it is a little unclear to me. Where are you moving to? "Home"? As in Utah?
And you're finishing classes at BYU?
Please clarify. Thanks, and good luck!
Post a Comment