What a busy week(end)!
Last week Mitch's family came into town to visit us and they kept us going nonstop!
Wednesday-- I gymed with our Primary President, Mitch picked up his family, I hurried to finish cleaning, it took him a lot longer than I'd expected it would, we ate In-N-Out, they went to check in to their hotel and take a nap, Mitch wanted a nap too because he has been sick, Sarah and I took the time to go put more gas in my car (we never drive it so I forget to!) and get projects from Michaels to do (I miss Roberts), she got some bead project, I got wooden letter to paint, once everyone woke up we went to La Vite (our most favorite Italian restaurant ever) for dinner, and afterwards we came home and planned the rest of our weekend then played a card game that a family in our ward here taught us. And Alley has a crush on Mitch's brother, Travis.
Thursday-- We got up stupid early to go into the City, Mitch had a doctor's appointment that morning so he couldn't go until later, he dropped us off at BART and then went, we took BART in to the Embarcadero Station, got off and looked at all the little booths by the Ferry Building. We tried to catch a trolley bus up to Fisherman's Wharf but, no surprise, they were all full so we started walking. We finally got to the Wharf and walked around looking for various souvenirs and at the sea lions while we waited for Mitch to catch up to us, had lunch at Boudin (lovvve it!), started walking to Ghirardelli, checked out the Wax Museum and the purse store along the way, ate ice cream at Ghirardelli, bought a few matted pictures of SF at a booth, rented bikes, rode along the beach and the marina but it was pretty windy so LeeAnne and I didn't make it all the way to the bridge-- we stopped and talked while the men folk went the rest of the way. Took the bikes back, took a bus back to the Ferry Building, took a few minutes to eat at a Mexican restaurant at Pier 1 (good food!) and ended up ordering wayyyy too much, took BART home, parted ways, and crashed.
Friday-- More San Francisco. Took BART in to Powell, got off and walked to the place that rents the GoCarts, found out we need reservations (awwww), took a bus up to Fisherman's Wharf again, got tickets for the trolley tour, had a super funny guy give us a tour all over SF (it was neat to see the different districts that we hadn't yet been to), stopped at Union Square, walked to Chinatown, shopped a bit but mostly just took cliche pictures, ate at Oriental Pearl (not Oriental Bird), hurried to catch the bus again, went up the the Exploratorium and checked that out for a couple hours and I'm faster at reaction times than Mitch is, waited a million hours for a bus, talked to a questionable guy on the bus about hitchhiking and where to get the best Mexican food, margaritas (oookay), and pizza in SF. We actually went to the pizza place he recommended though and it was actually good. Took BART home, parted ways, and again crashed.
Saturday-- Started later! Packed the cooler, bought ice, drove down to Santa Cruz, sat in traffic leading up to the Boardwalk, Mitch and his dad dropped us off and went to find parking, we ate lunch, set up camp on the beach, the boys got in the water (even though the weather was at Santa Cruz, the water was still cold!), I realized I'd forgotten my bathing suit (lame!) and opted for looking in the shops along the Boardwalk instead. Went to the Arcade, wanted to play Deal or No Deal but you don't win very many tickets for playing, played a version of Skeeball (my favorite!) but the game kept resetting. Went back to our towels, went and rode a couple of the rides, then decided it was time to go home so we packed everything up and started walking to the cars. Turns out Mitch wasn't kidding when he said he'd had to park far. Drove home, Red Robined for dinner, hot tubbed, met a neighbor that offered to share his keg with us, wanted to know why we don't drink and why we force our missionaries in Taiwan to wear shirts and ties when it's so hot. Finished the night with some frantic, last minute finding people to give prayers in Sacrament meeting and reminding kids of Primary talks. See what happens when you're super busy all week? [sigh]
Sunday-- Bishopric meeting for Mitchell at 7:00, oh wait, 7:30, I took the Hiatts to the airport then met up with Sarah and Mitch to go to church, we were on time (that makes M happy), Luella came for Sacrament!, Primary went okay even without anyone to play the piano, the kids were super reverent so we let them fill the bean jar, made letter cookies after church and took some to a couple families in our ward.
What a weekend.
And finally, using some of the cookie letters we made last night, we have some exciting news to share with everyone! Unscramble the letters to find out what it is.
3 comments:
Wait, what? Really? Where?
WE'RE MOVING BACK!!!!!!!
Wow I feel stupid. I couldn't figure it out (although I gave up rather quickly as well). I kept trying to use the apostrophe for "I'm" which wasn't working out for me.
Post a Comment