Well. We're here. We made it. Safe and sound.
That's a long trip. With nothing to look at. And no one to talk to. Mitch does really well just listening to books on cd but, I dunno, audio books don't keep my attention. The kitties did mostly really well with the trip. They didn't cry the whole way but they were too scared to get out of their cages for bathroom breaks. And we put food and water in their carriers but I don't think either of them touched it. Poor kitties. But now they have free range of the basement and they're loving that. There's so much new stuff to investigate!
Our trailer full of all our stuff that was supposed to be here Friday night isn't getting here until tonight. Being able to unload everything today was the whole point of us leaving Friday instead of Saturday. Guess we get to do it Monday instead-- while Mitch is in Phoenix. (I'm so over moving.)
Since we've been here we've kept pretty busy. Mitch helped his dad hang some doors this morning. I got whisked off to a baby shower for one of Mitch's cousins that I really hadn't met very much before. After that I spent a bunch of time organizing our stuff here while Mitch helped his dad with his lesson for the Priests and Laurels tomorrow. And! Mitchell set up the wireless internet. Yay! Then we went to the mall to get Em a book and some chocolate. Believe it or not, the South Towne Mall doesn't have a bookstore! Weird, huh. Anyway, instead I got a new shirt and then we went to Barnes & Noble after the mall.
It's weird. I feel like we're on vacation here. I mean, we have a lot of our stuff with us and obviously the kitties are here so, I know we're not just on vacation. But it's not home again yet. Maybe after school starts and I get back in the swing of things. I don't know. I'm excited to be here but... a big part of me misses Dublin. I've never been very good at change, I guess.
Halloween in New Zealand
11 years ago
4 comments:
I'm SO GLAD YOU MADE IT!!!! I MISSED YOU!!!
Hal just told me the news last night! I am still in shock! We totally missed you when we were making blocks and then we were out of town for two weeks!! Okay, we need to talk!!!!!!!
(this will not be easy to break to Kya)
Yay! Welcome back! Glad the kitties made it! I was worried about them :) Last night I went to the Sundance Summer Theater to see a play and guess who was hosting the show? Mitch's Aunt Lisa! Random or random? I was back stage with my friend who was in charge of the makeup and I saw her and I was like, "Hey, you look familiar!" I remember meeting her at your bridal shower. Anyways she told me that you were back (which I already knew :) and that she had seen you already at a baby shower or something. Haha How funny, huh? Ok well sounds like everybody has seen you already except for me, so I am going to have to call you! You should come down this week one night before school starts. Christy is in town so maybe all of us girls could go out and do something, while your husband is gone! Sound like fun?
Moving companies are the worst. I don't understand why they don't treat the customer better when moving is one of the most hectic jobs in one's personal life. Argh!!!
And yes, the South Towne Mall sucks. I used to go there a lot when I worked in Sandy. You can get clothes there, and maybe food, but otherwise there's nothing there -- yet somehow it's a freakin' big mall!
Post a Comment