Thursday, August 21, 2008

All ouuurr baaags are packed, we're ready to goooo...

Awww... Our last night in Dublin.

Tonight, after Mitch and Sarah finished working, we went out to dinner at Red Robin for our "Last Night in Dublin" dinner. We always love Red Robin.



Then we came home and finished the last bit of packing things in our cars and vacuuming and what not.



We decided that since they're going to charge us to have cleaning people come clean our apartment after we leave anyway, there was no point in us deep cleaning before we leave. So we didn't. That was nice.

But now all our stuff is all either who knows where in the back of a trailer on its way to Salt Lake (hopefully) or shoved as tightly as we could get it in the backs of our cars. I guess we didn't realize how much stuff we left out of the trailer... Somehow it'll all get to Salt Lake. In any event, our apartment is bare. We have basically nothing to do.

So anyway, while the kitties are entertaining themselves and Mitch is reading (he's a good little reader), Sarah and I decided to make a list of our 1,926 favorite things about living here. Okay, not really 1,926. But we've got a bunch.

1. Maple bread from Safeway.
2. La Vite Restaurant.
3. BART.
4. Luella Riggs.
5. Rich.
6. ULTA.
7. Family discount at Coldstone.
8. The mommy turkey and her four babies.
9. Having a balcony (the kitties liked it too).
10. Raccoons on our balcony at night.
11. Wild strawberries growing randomly around our complex.
12. The pool and hot tub.
13. Having a washer and dryer in our apartment.
14. Our garden tub (and Sarah liked it the most).
15. Vons cookies! (But at Safeway.)
16. Safeway gas.
17. Grinding our own peanut butter at the grocery store.
18. Flowers from Trader Joes.
19. Cherry jam from Trader Joes.
20. The Sharlyn melon that we got once at Safeway.
21. The Pleasanton 3rd Ward Primary.
22. All our missionaries.
23. Especially the Primary Presidency. And their kids.
24. And the Primary kids.
25. Chips and guacamole from Baja Fresh.
26. Hal and Jessica and mostly Kya. ;)
27. Gracie. And Maddie. And their parents, Kerry and Jimmy.
28. Carrie Clark. And Jayden. And Greg. And Carrie Cookies.
29. Andrew. And his mom, Maressa and his dad, Tobi.
30. Peter. And his mom, Sarah. ("NO!")
31. Caleb. He's cute.
32. Teaching the kids the Articles of Faith.
33. "Home is where the HEART is..."
34. "SCRIPTURE POWER. Keeps me safe from SIN. SCRIPTURE POWER is the power to WIN."
35. The Woodwells.
36. Vicki Larsen. And kids. Especially Tyler.
37. Holly.
38. Malia and Benson. ("Say 'yes'!")
39. The Primary Bean Jar. And cupcakes.
40. The lemon and strawberry cake that we got in Relief Society for Mother's Day.
41. Movie tickets from Costco.
42. The Coach lady in San Francisco.
43. Bike riding across the Golden Gate Bridge.
44. Boudin.
45. The Oakland Temple.
46. Dani and Carlos.
47. The Master Jeweler at Samuel's. And the girl that worked there that always remembered me.
48. The Dublin Library.
49. The Jelly Belly Factory.
50. Thrifty ice cream.
50.5. All the new geocaches we've found here.

And we're going to stop there. That's a lot of things. And we're sure we left something off. And we'll think of things later and wish we could add them but, meh. This is a pretty solid list.



And we've liked living in Dublin. We'll miss it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Apparently I need a few clarifications! Did Sarah live with you? Your city was named Dublin? Like Dublin, Ireland? Hm. Weird! I love your posts about moving, lol. I was laughing my head off once again! I might need you to clarify some of those 1926 things you will mis about Dublin but I guess we'll get to that later! I will have to call you up next Sunday when we're in Draper having dinner with my family! How long does is take to drive from Dublin to Draper? And how are you going to do it with two cats? My cat is car trained and even then it makes me uncomfortable to think of driving cross country with her! Well... hope you have a "Happy Move" and I'll talk to ya soon!

The Shark said...

Yes! You converted to Safeway! That was one of the main things I missed when I lived in Utah. Why? Aside from just being an overall good grocery store, their dairy products are EXCELLENT.

You missed out on the holiday goodness brought by Safeway. The Lucerne-brand egg nog is AMAZING -- literally the best egg not I've ever had. It's not too thick and rich like a lot of other nogs out there. Mmmmmm....

zookeeper08 said...

Strangely enough, I'll miss you being in Dublin....But Provo/Orem is more accessible, really.

I got a little tear in my eye reading your list....Especially number 50.5.

Hope your drive back with the playful kitties is alright!