I've decided that my classes this semester make me feel inadequate.
All of my classes (and I do have five of them) are full of girls. Four of my five classes are all girls. One class has a couple guys because it's a class that's required of all education majors. And overall, I like having that many girls in my classes. It's not like I need to meet any guys anyway so I'm not super concerned with having them in my class or the selection of the ones that are in my one class.
But.
A bunch of the girls in my classes are really pretty.
There's one girl that looks like she's half something exotic. She has long dark hair that she twists up like a half ponytail but twisted on the side. And she's gorgeous. I want my hair twisted like that...
And last night there was a girl with bangs that made me want bangs. And she had cute glasses. I have perfect vision but she made me want bangs and glasses. (And she talked the. whole. class. period. to the pretty girl next to her that was friendly to me before class.)
Then there's another girl that has blonde hair and she's cute but not gorgeous and she doesn't seem particularly bright so I wouldn't ever want to be her best friend or anything but, she wears the cutest clothes. Lots of girls in my classes wear cute clothes. I want cute clothes...
The girl in front of me yesterday had her hair in this like... textured... kinda messy... ponytail. And it was cute. My hair was in a ponytail but I wanted mine to look like hers and I knew it didn't.
Etc.
Some of my favorite pretty girls are in more than one of my classes.
And this last week has been even worse I've been sick. They're lucky I even came to class. But I'd be sitting there, with my eyes all watery, sniffling and blowing my nose, hair in a ponytail, and wearing something not that great because what I really wanted to be wearing was sweats.
And now, with Facebook I keep finding my cute old roommates.
You girls reading this understand, don't you. Even if the guys don't.
Halloween in New Zealand
11 years ago
5 comments:
Jessica, I hope you realize that there were girls in the BYU 28th ward who said the same things about you. I know this because I was present during the discussions.
I know I'm not a girl so I won't understand exactly how you feel, but know that just because you're not like them, it doesn't mean you lack beauty or cuteness that the general public finds desirable.
Well, you will always be prettier than me. If that makes you feel better.
I am with you. All of my classes are full of cute, friendly girls. But, I would have to agree with Shark...you are way pretty! And I bet being sick doesn't affect your looks one bit.
Brittany, don't even get me started on your cuteness. You girls and your constant comparisons with other girls... Bah! Why do the cream of the crop always have to think they're nothing but creamed corn?
I hope that visual works for you as much as it does in my head.
100 understand.
Post a Comment