Saturday, September 13, 2008

What Mitch really wanted for his birthday.

Mitch really wanted a party with friends. He didn't want to tell me that's what he wanted but, we both knew it was. And I'm an amazing wife (I always knew I would be) so, I planned a party for him with his friends. And it turned out okay.

It was a little tricky because I know that Mitchell loves surprises (I, on the other hand, do not) so I didn't want to tell him ahead of time that I was planning the party. And he was in Phoenix all last week anyway so it was easy to keep it a secret.

Anyway, I picked him up from the airport last night. When first came out, I gave him balloons, a card, and a choice. He could either have the clothes I'd brought for him to change into (he was still in work clothes) or he could forfeit the clothes have one clue for each item of clothing. I hadn't even bothered making official clues because I knew he'd choose to let it be a surprise. He likes surprises. And then, when we got out to the car, he found his blindfold.



The party was at Noah's in Lindon. I'd rented a room with a pool table, ping pong table, and the two televisions on the wall. I've always wanted to go to Noah's. I also did some detective work and figured out how to contact several of his favorite friends and invited them. I was so sneaky. (One complaint about Noah's: Their fire code limits how many people you can invite. They said we could only have 16 people but, the room was plenty big for more. Oh well.) And of course I brought cake, ice cream (that got kind of melty), and a bunch of snack foods. (When we put out all the food I realized that I hadn't eaten anything all day. Okay, since lunch.)



Mitch liked it. He's such a little social butterfly. He loves having friends.



And it was fun (especially to see a bunch of friends!) but afterward we were both so exhausted.

1 comment:

Kyle Kelley Family said...

Jessica you are such a cute wife! I love that you surprised him! That is just too fun and cute! I bet he loved it! Hope all is going well! Oh yeah we have get togethers on Saturdays for the football games if you want to come!