Friday, September 26, 2008

Circusing.

Wow.

BEST. CIRCUS. EVER.

And when I say, "EVER.," I mean like... EVER EVER. And here's why:

1. So. I've been to... six circuses? in the last five years or so. Normally, I consider it fun to just be going at all and normally, I go with someone(s) that don't want to pay for more than the up high tickets. And frankly, in the past, I was okay with that. Like I said, it was just fun to be at the circus. This time, I was planning on doing the same thing-- buying the $10 rafter tickets.

But.

I have the best husband ever.

And when the lady told us where the next best seats to the ones we were buying were, he told her we wanted those ones. (He knows I love going to the circus.)

WELL.

The seats were in the sixth row.

Turns out, the circus is eight million times better in the sixth row than in the 758th row. Really. I'm not even kidding. This is one of those things where it's worth the difference in price. (Unless you're in the fifth row because they paid way more than we did and our seats were better.) With sixth row seats, you're not just there-- you're there.

2. Inevitably, every time I go to the circus, something happens and we end up getting there after the circus starts. You know, someone is running late, there's tons of traffic, dinner takes longer than planned, there's no parking, etc. I don't think I'd ever seen the beginning of a Ringling Brothers circus. This time, we made a point of getting there a little bit early.

Turns out,

THEY LET YOU SING THE NATIONAL ANTHEM!

I had no idea.

And further,

THERE'S AN ELEPHANT WITH THE FLAG.



Who knew?!

I love elephants. And the National Anthem.

So. Go to the circus. And get good tickets. Get the ones where you watch the main show, not the show on the up high screen.

You'll love it. I promise.





5 comments:

Whitney R said...

Thanks for discovering my blog! Your blog looks really fun. Would you believe I've never been to a circus? At least any that I remember but I'm obsessed with animals. I tried to convince my husband to take me to Africa for a safari for our honeymoon but he seemed to think we would be eaten by tigers and lions.

I just really want to see a zebra and giraffe and an ELEPHANT! And a panda.. oh wait, aren't those in Asia? Oh and a kangaroo! Dang.. down under. Well, I guess we'll just have to go everywhere. Or, my husband says, the San Diego Zoo.

I'm holding him to that, though. I'm hoping we'll go sometime in the next two years. Where are you located?

Jessica said...

The circus was in Salt Lake! Hasn't your husband been wanting to come down to Salt Lake anyway? ;) If you hurry, you can make it down here in time for tonight's show!

JBod said...

I rode on an elephant once. That's fun, too.

Anonymous said...

I still think the circus was the best when we got to sit on the Asian elephant!

Now that's hard to top!

The Shark said...

I rode an elephant once, but it was at a renaissance fair in Arizona when I was 16. It was pretty awesome.