Monday, September 22, 2008

What a weekend!

With Mitch gone most of the time during the week (at least these last few weeks), we try to make the most of the time we have together on the weekend. Last week Mitch didn't get home until Friday night and by then, we were both exhausted. (Especially Mitchell since he was the one that worked like 70 hours last week.)

We stopped at Macaroni Grill on the way home from the airport. For some reason I always remember Macaroni Grill as being better than it actually is. Really, it's always mediocre. And I know that. This time my favorite part was the little sample smoothie thing they gave us while we were waiting for a table. It was so good that I ended up getting one with dinner too. (I'll have to remember to get it next time.) Afterward, we went to Hollywood Video hoping to rent something we could watch together but there wasn't anything that really looked good. We tend to do that a lot-- go to rent a movie and not find one we want. I guess it's because we rarely watch tv so we never know about the movies coming out. [shrug] Oh well. Mitch's mom was watching something on tv when we got home so, we watched a few minutes of that with her and then went to bed.

Saturday was mostly uneventful during the day. Mitch had to work (lame) because his boss is a slave driver with unreasonable deadlines that she passes on to her staff. I spent most of the morning dawdling while I was supposed to be picking up breakfast. (Note: I really, really, really miss the maple bread from Safeway. There's nothing comparable here. Nothing.) Then I worked on math homework. (I actually don't mind this math class all that much. In fact, secretly I think this professor is good at teaching it.) After Mitch was done working, we went down to Provo to go to Comedy Sportz with a few friends.



Mitch is so funny at those shows. He just loves them. After working as hard as he has been, I think it was good for him to go. And of course, we got ice cream at Coldstone after the show. And that was good because 1. I got to have chocolate ice cream with cookie dough and brownies mixed in and 2. We got to talk to Kaitlin and Eric more. It's funny because Kaitlin has been married to Eric for almost a year and I've met him but never really talked to him that much. Granted we were out of state for about seven of those months but still. It was nice to have the chance to get to know him more. He's actually a really great guy. And I like him and Kaitlin together more. (Not that I ever didn't like them together but, you know.)

After Coldstone (which was already way past our bedtime), Mitch and I stopped at Walmart for some things he was going to need for Monday (more floss, travel size toothpaste, different hair gel, etc.). Now normally neither of us like shopping at the Orem Walmart. Ever. In fact, most of the time, even if I had gone to Walmart, I wouldn't mention specifically that that's where I went. I would have called it "the store" or something. But in this story, the fact that it was Walmart is important. Anyway, we went to Walmart because it was already 11:00 and Target closes at 10:00. And we were wandering around getting all the things we need when Mitch noticed an incorrectly punctuated sign. We spent the next few minutes wandering around getting pictures. I was going to post the pictures but, by the end (and even now), we were so confused we weren't sure how they were supposed to be punctuated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha. i love that you "like us together more" now. And correction: we have been married almost TWO whole years! our 2nd anniversary is coming up on October 21 of this year! wow. now thats crazy!