Monday, September 29, 2008

Travel plans, etc.

So, obviously nothing in our lives right now can adequately follow up the circus but, I figured it was time to blog again. (Partially because blogging is a way of procrastinating homework.)

Anyway, we're kind of, sort of thinking of going somewhere for Fall Break. I get the 16th and 17th of October off from school and Mitch should be about done with his current project by then. The problem is, even if we leave Wednesday night and come back Monday, we still only have like... three days wherever we go. That means that anywhere International isn't really worth it. (Not considering the cost of flights/hotels and the fact that we'd end up spending a day each way in the air.) Neither is anything on the East Coast. (Again, not worth the cost if we're only there for a couple days.) Southern California (a popular destination for Utahans) is out since I grew up there. Vegas is out because I've driven through Vegas so many times that I'm way over it. And anywhere in Southern Utah is out because 1. We've both been there lots and 2. We're going to be in St. George in December for Mitch's cousin's wedding.

So.

I was talking to my dad and he mentioned that Tracy and Freddy (my sister and her husband that are up at BYU-I) went to Calgary for their anniversary.

Calgary?!?



I'd had no idea they'd even gone!

So now I want to go. (Of course.) It's like a 13 hour drive each way but, if we drive up to Rexburg Wednesday night and stay with Tracy that night and then drive the rest the way Thursday, we could be there Thursday night. Then we could drive back Sunday. And if we don't want to do the whole drive at once, stay Sunday night in Rexburg. I want to go. Mitch isn't super thrilled with the drive though. And I understand that but if we're going to go somewhere, I think Calgary is way more exciting than say, Park City. You know?

That said, if we go, does anyone want to come to Calgary with us? :)



(If we don't go to Calgary, Mitch's family is going to Moab that same weekend so... there's also that. And really, Mitch would love to go biking with his dad so... that would be fine too.)

2 comments:

Whitney R said...

Oh but REXBURG is such a fun destination in and of itself!! :) I live there... here. FOREVER. But it's fine. It's cool. I love my husband and his profession and it's great.

If you don't mind making the drive I say do it! But if the drive is the only thing holding you back then head to Moab where it will be warmer!

erin said...

My parents are going to Moab that weekend too. I would go except I have deadlines at work and I need to save my vacation hours. I love Moab.