Guess who was up at six yesterday morning while her husband slept.
If you guessed me, give yourself a point.
I had to take the Praxis test yesterday. For those of you that don't know what that is (I didn't before a few months ago), it's kind of like the LSAT, MCAT, or GMAT but for teaching. Maybe not quite. But it's kind of along those lines. Maybe more like an ACT or SAT for teaching. Anyway, it was yesterday. And as it was being administered at UVU, I had to make it down there by my report time of 7:30. Wonderful.
All in all, I think it went okay. I know I have to get at least a 150 on it but really, I don't know what that really means because apparently ETS (the people that make the Praxis test) are really secretive about the scoring of the test. I've looked and looked for something telling me what the test is out of but haven't found anything saying so, I still have no idea. This should be interesting.
Also, for those that know that I am not, not, not a math person, I'd like to announce that I think I did really well on the math section of the test. I was proud of myself. Now the history and science sections? ...Those are a different story. Can I just say they had the most RANDOM questions on those sections. Stuff like asking what contributed to the increase in urbanization in Eastern China in the 1500's or something. How the heck should I know? Whatever.
Anyway, my fingers are crossed.
After the test, I went home and was home for all of about 15 minutes before Mitch's mom wanted me to go shopping with her. She likes shopping. Be proud of me though because I didn't get anything for myself, I just got stuff for Mitchell. I do like shopping for him. It means I get to choose stuff and buy it without having to try anything on. (Trying stuff on is my least favorite part of shopping.)
And after the shopping, I was home for another 15 minutes or so (okay, maybe like 30 mintues), before we went to Jenna's wedding. Jenna is Mitch's cousin and she's adorable. I've always liked her. They had the wedding up in her fiance's (husband now, I guess) parents' (in laws now, I guess) backyard. Everything was in fall colors (it reminded me of Kaitlin's reception!) and it was gorgeous. And she was gorgeous. And Mitch's dad got to marry them. Cute.
And after the wedding (and talking to relatives and taking pictures), we went out to dinner for "Mitch and Adam's (the brother right after him) birthdays" and for "Adam is leaving for the Air Force on Monday." And so that everyone knows, there is not an Outback Steakhouse in Salt Lake. Don't look for it, it's not there. We went to Ruby River instead. It was okay. My favorite part is always the bread before the meal.
And after the dinner we went back up to Bountiful for the reception. We didn't stay long but, we did manage to get a picture with the bride.
Halloween in New Zealand
11 years ago
3 comments:
Hey Jess! I promise that I'm not stalking you! I just saw that you had a blog, and I wanted to check it out! Cody and I have one as well. It's codyandannie.blogspot.com!
by the way...this is your old roomate Analeis!
Ha! The Praxis test. For this whole week I've thought you were saying the practice test. And I was kinda like "practice test for what?" but didn't really think too much about it. Awesome.
I didn't know you were going to be a teacher...That's cool! What do you want to teach? What grade/age/subject? After I get my Associates this semester, I'm going to go into BYU or UVU's Art Education program. I'm applying to BYU's this month and if I don't get in, I'll do a similar program at UVU. I want to be a high school Art or English teacher. How was the Praxis test? They told me I have to take a test called the PPST and it's only offered in like Draper or Sandy so I hope I don't have to wake up as early as you did! Are you guys living in Salt Lake?
Post a Comment