Okay, this is just a quick post to get caught up on blogging so that I don't feel overwhelmed with things to blog about later and not blog at all.
1. Ice skating: SO. Mitch and I went ice skating Friday night. We realized that we'd never been ice skating together. I was actually really excited. I thought it'd be really fun. Turns out, I've become an ice skating snob in the last few months. Seriously. I didn't remember how the ice is during public skating sessions! I mean, I remembered that there are tons of tracks in the ice and I thought there would probably be some ice shavings from where people skated but... yeah. It's worse than that. First of all, there are like four million people. And anywhere you skate, there are more people. Second of all, you can FEEL all of the little tracks under your skates. Call me the Princess and the Pea but, it was obnoxious. And so, I determined that I've been forever ruined. If nothing else, ruined for awhile. Ever since I started skating more, I've become used to new ice. And when I go, there are like... four of us on the whole rink. Not four million. And I realized how much I really like skating on fresh ice, especially with the rink all to myself. And I wished that Mitch could try skating with the ice all to himself so that he could understand. And I tried not to complain too much but it was hard. The End. (Of that story.)
2. Girls' Night: My school friends and I had a Girls' Night last night! We've all been student teaching in different schools since Wednesday and we knew ahead of time that we would miss seeing each other every day, so we planned times for us to get together.
Last night we went to dinner at Archibald's and then shopped at Gardner Village. None of the other girls had been there so it was fun to show them around. (Thanks, Brian for taking our picture!)
Sari ended up not being able to go at the last minute but we'll include her in next week's activities!
And now, time to finish a couple things and go to bed. Poor Mitch already fell asleep in the red chair. His Sundays are always long. Today started with a Stake meeting at 7:00 am. Lucky...
Halloween in New Zealand
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment