1. I voted on Tuesday and seriously, there was not one person in line with me that was under the age of 60. People, VOTE! (I did forget to put my flag up for Election Day though. Sad. It'll be up for Veteran's Day!)
2. ...There was a number two... Something I wanted to share but that didn't deserve its own post... Hm. Can't remember.
3. Today I was at the doctor's office for something and I mentioned how worried I am (actually, paranoid might be a better word) about getting swine flu. EVERYONE is getting it. And now, I'm at a school with snotty little kids and I'm even more worried. Anyway, so I mentioned it. And look what I got:
Dun da da dunnnnnn! THE VACCINE!!! {beams} (And a Daffy Duck band aid.)
They just happened to have two shots left and I got one of them! I'm still not 100% sure how I talked them into it but hey, I don't even care. And I'm glad that I didn't have to wait in line for 4 hours at 6:30 in the morning to get it (or not get it, as is more common). Also, I guess it take 10 - 14 days for it to really work so, there's a chance that those snotty kids can still bring me down. Here's hoping though!
Halloween in New Zealand
11 years ago
1 comment:
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: the swine flu is not a big deal. I refuse to believe that the recent flu outbreak is of the swine variety, because it's proven to be less common. And even if this IS the swine flu, it's LESS DANGEROUS than the good ol' fashioned one we're all used to catching! Perhaps it's my mental defiance that has prevented me from catching it. All I know is that we all need to relax and stop letting the media dictate our fears.
I do regret not having voted, though. I accept 100% responsibility -- I neglected to re-register upon moving back to UT. /facepalm
Post a Comment