Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Veterans Day!

Every night, before I go to bed, I make my to do list for the next day. On my Wednesday list, I wrote, "Put out FLAG!" at the very top since, well, the last flag holiday (Election Day!), I forgot. I wanted to make sure I remembered this time.

This morning, I woke up and when I opened the front blinds for the kitties (they like to watch things move outside), I saw THIS:


I made Mitch come look! (He thought it had snowed or something. Really, would I have gotten that excited about snow? No.)

I've been wanting the Boy Scouts to put a flag out at our house but since we're not in the family ward, they never asked us. Also, I don't think the family ward we would be in does them. So we bought our own flag a few months ago so that we could celebrate flag holidays. I'm assuming they put the flags in our yard by mistake but I don't care. We love them.

I still put my flag out because it's mine.


You can't tell in this picture but there's another flag in the other corner of our lawn (the bottom right hand corner of the picture). We have lots of flags. We're very patriotic.

Seeing all the flags on the way to school this morning made me a little teary. I love flags. And I love when people put them out.

No comments: