Wednesday, July 30, 2008

What We've Be Up To-- A Long Post.

Lots! This last... oh, week or so has been busy!

I spent last Wednesday running errands. Both of our personal computers have been having issues lately. Lame. I ended up taking both of them in to find out what was wrong. Mitch's just needs to have Windows reinstalled but mine needed a new... um... connector something and it needed the um... something motherboard repaired. [shrug] So they fixed those things. Since I'd gone down to Hayward to drop off the computers I stopped by the Sears there to get the oil changed in the Honda. I can't even tell you how many miles it has been since it was changed. Probably... 7,000+? Now that I know how to drive it though, I can take it in. Go me! And while I waited for the oil change I took my ring in to the mall and had it cleaned and inspected. That mall is where the Master Jeweler lives and I like him.


Then, one of my best friends from Utah, Jackie, came out to with her mom to visit me! (Okay, technically her mom was here with work but I was a good reason for Jackie to join her out here!) I had Thursday off from work so I went and played tourist with them on Thursday. We took a trolley from their hotel at Union Square to Fisherman's Wharf where we had lunch at my favorite city place, Boudin. I love their turkey avocado sandwich. Jackie's mom works for Panera so she knows the whole history of Panera and Boudin. She told us all about how sourdough bread is made from the Mother Bread. It was actually really interesting. After we were done eating, I showed them around Fisherman's Wharf and took them to see the sea lions. Then we went over to Ghirardelli Square for an ice cream sundae. Jackie said it was the best sundae she'd ever had! We were about done after that so we started heading back and on the way back we visited the Coach lady again and I might have gotten another purse and when we got back to the bus stop, there was a crazy line and the bus didn't have enough room to let everyone on. We went down a stop hoping to get on there but like three buses passed us without letting us on. So finally we walked back. I swear we walked like four thousand miles that day.



Then, Jackie came and visited my house on Saturday. She liked my kitties. They were friendly. And though it's not super important, I made a fruit salad with cantaloupe, nectarines, and strawberries and it was honestly divine. We also had a couple from our ward's daughter over for the evening while they went out. She's four and she's adorable. We played Hide and Seek with her and when it was her turn to seek Mitch hide behind/underneath some of the couch cushions. She kept walking right past him! Then he started "helping" her find him by shouting things like, "I'm in the oven!" or "I'm under the bed!" in a disguised voice. She'd check those places and as soon as she'd discover that he wasn't actually there, he'd shout some other helpful advice. She got a real kick out of it!

Saturday was my last day at the bank.

Sunday... Okay. We have church at 9:30 but our building is honestly like 15 minutes away so we have to get up pretty early to be there on time (I have a hard time getting up on Sundays for some reason). As we started getting ready, Mitch realized he'd missed a phone call and had a voice mail. It was the Stake Executive Secretary wanting Mitch to meet with the Stake President. And bring his wife. ... ... ... We both had callings... Like, relatively new callings. Anyway, we met with one of the counselors in the Stake and Mitch was released from Young Men's and called to be the Ward Executive Secretary. Neat.

And finally, our last thing to report on. Recently Sarah has seen the mama turkey but only one or two babies. Frankly, I was worried about where the other babies went. Mitch went back and forth between telling me they'd probably just gotten big enough to leave their mom and telling me that someone had already claimed them for this November. BUT! Guess what I saw as I was getting home from the gym! The mama turkey and all four babies!


Now she lets us get close!


And that's why you should go to the gym.

The End.

1 comment:

erin said...

I want your fruit salad recipe.