Tuesday, July 15, 2008

News from the home front.

Don't worry, I haven't completely forgotten about blogging. I've just been super busy lately.

Friday was Mitch and I's six month anniversary of being married. We went to our favorite little Italian place. Honestly, the food at that place is better, the service is good, the prices are good. If any of you ever come visit, we should go there. Speaking of which, Mitch's family is coming at the beginning of August (did I already tell that) and we're planning on taking them there.

Saturday I worked. Really. It was all kinds of not fun. First of all, it was busy in the morning but, the afternoon was like... suuuuper slow. Not fun. Second of all, our new branch manager has just about zero people skills. Without going into details, he said some things that were pretty unprofessional and, as I left at the end of the day, I gave him my two weeks notice. As for the rest of the night, I was exhausted from working all day and Mitch was bored from doing nothing all day (he didn't know what to do without me!), so we went and bought chairs for our porch. We've been wanting to sit outside and now we can. Except, by the time we got home it was dark so we just watched a movie (Fool's Gold-- suuuper lame) and went to bed.

Sunday. Where do I start? Remember how I was in charge of teaching the Article of Faith to the kids every week? Not anymore. Now I'm the Primary Secretary. I was sustained Sunday. And then the President's daughter had an earache so she stayed home with her and asked me to conduct. My first week in the presidency. The other counselors are out of town. As it turned out, the girl I'm replacing was there so she conducted and I helped. (Speaking of which, the kids were rotten on Sunday. Next Sunday we're going to try some new things to help them be reverent.) After church we had the missionaries, the Ward Mission Leader, and our neighbor over for lunch and then went to the Oakland Temple Visitor's Center. It was fun but like... that's a lot of churchy stuff in one day. And I never got a weekend. Or a Sunday nap. After we got home, we basically made dinner really fast, ate it even faster, and then went to the old Primary Secretary's house for dessert. She wanted to go over everything with me. And go over everything we did.

Let's see... Since then all I've done is work. Yesterday and today. And really, I'm exhausted. I'm looking forward to having tomorrow off. Even if I do still have to work Thursday and Friday. At least I don't have to work Saturday.

As for quitting my job, they've asked me to consider just moving to another branch instead of leaving completely. My manager talked to me yesterday and the District Manager talked to me today and basically they agree that the Branch Manager has no people skills and they want me to be happy. If I can be happy in another branch, they say I'm a good teller and they don't want to lose a good teller (because they have plenty of other tellers that aren't so good). I don't know though. I told them I'd think about it but, [shrug] I don't know if the main reason I want to leave is the Branch Manager or telling in general. I'm not sure banking is for me and I'd hate to switch branches and still not like it. So I'm thinking about it.

Anyway. Mitch is coming home late again tonight and I need to finish dinner before he gets here.

More later.

No comments: