We love our ward. I was worried it'd be like my parents' ward (shrinking and old) but it's actually a really, really nice ward. It's a nice mix of older families, younger families, and couples without kids yet. It's a good size, too. They always open the overflow area (though sometimes they could probably get by without it). We have a couple cute babies, I guess. I tend to like the little like... two year olds. I guess I'm just not ready for a baby yet. I'm not baby hungry, that's for sure.
I spoke in church last Sunday. Somehow it started as “Will Mitch speak in church the 24th of February?” and turned into “Jessica, will you speak in church the 9th of March?” I’m still not really sure how that happened. All in all the talk went well. It was a little hard to speak on Day Light Savings Day. I’m a lot better at the Falling Back than the Springing Forward. Supposedly Mitch is going to be asked to speak at the end of the month.
Neither of us have callings (still). Mitch finally got home teaching assignments but I don’t have visiting teaching assignments yet. On one hand it’s nice because I don’t feel guilty for not having done my visiting teaching yet. On the other hand, I miss being involved. Supposedly we’re getting callings “soon.”
One thing that’s fun about being married is that now I’m allowed to have the missionaries over for dinner again. We had them over in February and then again this week. It’s nice because I can make recipes that are too big for just Mitch and I.
Oh! And, the best, best, best thing about our new ward is that last, last Sunday the bishopric came to our house to officially “meet” us (yes, after a month and a half of us being there) and they brought us the most amazing cookies I’ve ever eaten in my entire life. I’m not even kidding. One of the counselor’s wives made them. She and I are New Best Friends.
3 comments:
I really think that you should pass along the recipe for the most amazing cookies - at least to me! Or make me some. That would work, too.
I've been REPLACED???
Post a Comment