Friday, March 14, 2008

The Getting to California

For all those that had figured I’d given up on blogging, you were wrong. Sooner or later I’ll catch up. I’ve been emailing a friend of mine every week or so about everything going on with me so, with her permission, I’m going to slightly edit those emails to catch up our blog.

Okay so, in my last post, we went to Idaho to visit T&F. If you need to reread it to be caught up to speed, please do so.

Anyway, after Idaho we stayed in Draper at Mitch's parents' house for a few days (Tuesday - Friday) but we were busy running around getting everything packed in the cube to move to California and changing my name on things and combining accounts and figuring school stuff out. It was tricky because, some of the things we had to do were only in Utah so, even if we normally would have put it off until things slowed down, we had to do them right away. For example: changing my name. If I had waited to do that in California, I think I would have had to wait until I'd been a resident for six months. Stuff like that. Sorry we didn't get to stop by and see anyone.

We made it out to California okay. It was a long drive. I'd talked to the vet about giving Abby Benadryl to knock her out for the drive and found out how much to give her, etc. but, it had absolutely no effect whatsoever on her. So much for that. The problem was, if I left her in her carrier, she cried. Eventually I started taking her out and just holding her on my lap while I drove. She learned pretty quickly that if she just sat still, she could stay out but if she wiggled and tried to check other parts of the car out, she went back in the carrier. Poor kitty. She survived though.

We got here at like nine or ten that Saturday (the 26th?). Mitch had to start his job that Monday (the 28th) so we had to be in San Francisco before we could get our apartment. We just stayed in a Motel 6 for those few days. Lame, I know but, we didn't want to have to pay more than we had to for a hotel and also, we had Abs with us so we knew couldn't exactly be walking in with her to the Four Seasons. Oh well. It worked.

No comments: