We just had our first earthquake since we moved here. Actually our first two. The real one and the aftershock. At least, so far.
We had just sat down for dinner (barbeque pork sandwiches, cucumbers, corn with red peppers in it, and potato salad) when our apartment started shaking. It wasn't long, maybe only 5 seconds even, but it was definitely noticeable. Mitch suggested that it might be just someone on the roof of our building. I reminded him that we can't even feel/hear the people above us so, how would we hear someone on the roof? I voted it was an earthquake.
Once I was done eating, I came online and checked. Sure enough, here's the first one. Only a 3.0 but it was centered in Dublin!
The aftershock is here. Still not very big but, it was bigger than any earthquake you felt today.
Halloween in New Zealand
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment