Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Item #2

When I was in eighth grade, I started working with an autistic boy three times a week. Mostly we played games and made apple crisp a lot. Then, his family moved when I was... a junior? and even though they were only about an hour and a half away, I never saw him again.

Unnnntiiilll... last Saturday!


I expected that he would be completely different because the last time I saw him he was ten or eleven and now he's turning EIGHTEEN! A lot changes in seven years! And a lot changes over those turbulent teenage years. But, guess what, Alan is the same. He's still Alan. And he's taller and his voice has changed and his interests are a bit different but he's definitely still Alan personality-wise. And he definitely remembers me.

It was fun seeing them! I have so many fun memories from Alan and his family. We'll have to do it again sometime!

No comments: