Two years ago today, Mitch and I got married in the Salt Lake Temple. It's crazy to think of how much has happened in those two years and how time has flown but I think we'd both say that we love each other more now than we even did then. And, we're still each others' best friends. So that's pretty good.
As part of an anniversary gift, Tracy and Freddy gave us notes from a talk they once heard on marriage. Tracy said that the talk was given by a cute old man that was in his eighties and had been married for about a hundred years. I love the things that he suggested (and they shared) and thought that in honor of our anniversary, I'd share these tips with everyone else.
TIPS for a LONG and HAPPY MARRIAGE
Brethren:
1. Tell your wife that you love her.
2. Kiss her frequently! (And PASSIONATELY!)
3. Take her out on a date once a week.
4. During lunch, etc. call your wife once a day to tell her that you love her.
5. Help her with the evening chores.
6. Keep yourself clean and neatly groomed.
7. Remember the important dates.
8 Talk with her and seek her advice.
9. Give her a gift once in awhile for no apparent reason.
Remember! Women are LOVE CONSCIOUS most of the time.
1. Go to the temple often!
2. Court daily!
3. Date frequently!
Women:
1. Keep yourself physically fit and well groomed.
2. Tell your husband he is handsome and that you love him frequently.
3. Write him a love note once in awhile.
4. Remember the things you did to land him and then try those once in awhile. (Courting!)
5. Try hard to keep your home clean.
6. Clean up and look your best in preparation for when he comes home.
7. Don't criticize him.
8. Don't wear curlers to bed!
"Fix yourself; love your spouse."
- Are you considering the desires of your spouse's heart?
- How can I make this situation better?
1. Tell your wife that you love her.
2. Kiss her frequently! (And PASSIONATELY!)
3. Take her out on a date once a week.
4. During lunch, etc. call your wife once a day to tell her that you love her.
5. Help her with the evening chores.
6. Keep yourself clean and neatly groomed.
7. Remember the important dates.
8 Talk with her and seek her advice.
9. Give her a gift once in awhile for no apparent reason.
Remember! Women are LOVE CONSCIOUS most of the time.
1. Go to the temple often!
2. Court daily!
3. Date frequently!
Women:
1. Keep yourself physically fit and well groomed.
2. Tell your husband he is handsome and that you love him frequently.
3. Write him a love note once in awhile.
4. Remember the things you did to land him and then try those once in awhile. (Courting!)
5. Try hard to keep your home clean.
6. Clean up and look your best in preparation for when he comes home.
7. Don't criticize him.
8. Don't wear curlers to bed!
"Fix yourself; love your spouse."
- Are you considering the desires of your spouse's heart?
- How can I make this situation better?

Most of these are little things but, it's the little things that count the most, most of the time.
Here's to another year and then, eternity.
3 comments:
Congratulations! I loved all those things you mentioned. I'm going to make Cody read them when he gets home too! (Maybe it'll give him a few ideas:)
Awww, I love this post!!
Here's to many more years to come!
I thought this whole post was really sweet until you said:
"Here's to another year and then, eternity."
Are you guys like, planning to die together in a year or something?
No, but actually, I thought it was a lot of good advice. I'll have to show Jeff, too. He'll like it.
Did Tracy say whether everyone laughed when he said And PASSIONATELY? I'll bet they did. Old men are sometimes pretty funny.
Post a Comment