Thursday, January 14, 2010

Anniversay, Part 2.

I'm sure everyone is still wondering what a husband like Mitch does to impress his wife on their anniversary. WELL.

He brought me flowers. (And then we neglected to take pictures until last night so, the bouquet isn't really in its prime anymore. It's actually a really full, really pretty bouquet.)


I loved the black ribbon and rocks in the vase though! (It was called the "Black Tie Affair" bouquet or something.)

Then, he had planned on taking me to Thai Ruby because that's where we went on our first date. So, both of us were all geared up for Thai food but when we got there, it was closed. (The owners of Thai Ruby like going to Thailand for months at a time while the people of Provo eat elsewhere.) Sad. So, instead we went out for Thai food at a place in Orem. It wasn't quite the same (Thai Ruby is better) but it was a good substitute. After dinner we basically just talked and relaxed. (Do take note of this-- this is the only time either of us has relaxed all week.)

It's funny because up until Sunday night, we were talking about doing something fancier for our anniversary. We felt like we should be GOING somewhere. Or DOING something. But the thing is, we just got back from California so, even though we felt like we should go somewhere, neither of us really wanted to travel again right now. And frankly, we didn't really feel like doing a ton either. So, instead, when Mitch came up with Thai Ruby, it was perfect. Meaningful but not overwhelming when we're already overwhelmed. And yeah, we forgot to take any pictures.

(Oh, and also, we bought new billion thread count cotton sheets as one of our presents since that's the two year theme. And since M works in housewares, thread count now matters.)

3 comments:

Michele said...

that is so funny, dan and i tried to go to thai ruby on one of our very first dates and it was closed for like 2 months! haha. glad you had a good anniversary :)

A said...

LOL. That's funny. I love my sheets, I'll have to give Overstock a try when they wear out!

I can't believe Thai Ruby was closed again! We still have to go some time.

It sounds like you had a great anniversary! Yay for marriage!

The Shark said...

Wait, hold on a second. I have a sinking suspicion that you went to Bangkok Grille, and I believe you just said Thai Ruby is BETTER?

Forget the fact that TR holds sentimental value for you -- it's WAY overrated. I don't like their curry! BG tops it, hands down, and I have friends who served in Thailand that say BG is way more authentic.

I don't think TR is all bad but to me it's the In-N-Out of Provo Thai food: good, but hyped beyond belief.