Monday, October 1, 2012

More Cupertino.


It took a little while, but Mitch and I eventually got into a routine.  I would fly out to California on Friday afternoon, stay for a week, and then leave the next Saturday morning.  


Aside from Memorial Day weekend with Sarah and Darren, it was really just business as usual.  (We lived outside of San Francisco when we were first married, so we kind of felt like we'd already been there, done that.)

Here's a quick summary:


We had a new rental car every other week.  Actually, this one is funny.  My (delayed) flight left from Salt Lake Friday night and flew to Los Angeles.  Then, that (delayed) flight flew to San Francisco.  Except, it was supposed to get in a like... 10:00 at night and instead we didn't get in until like... 1:00 am.  And then, by the time I'd (waited in the really long line and) picked up the rental car, it was like... 2:00 am.  And by the time I (made it through the construction, detours, and stupid GPS and) got to Mitch's house, it was like... 3:00 in the morning.  Which felt like 4:00 in the morning to me.  It was awful.  (And I had been up really late the night before too, but I can't remember why.)  But we did have a good laugh about me pulling up in this Mustang outside Mitch's apartment at 3:00 in the morning.  Actually, it's still not that funny.  And, I didn't even like the Mustang.  (I always took direct flights into Oakland after that.)

Here's the rest of the summary:



Oooh.  When Mitch got back from Europe (more about that later), he brought me red Toms.  Cute, huh.


That week we had the blue rental car.  This picture doesn't do it justice.  It was blue.  Well, like blue green.  I couldn't get the color right on my phone.  But it was ugly.  Now, every time I see a car that color I assume that it must be a rental car.  Because nobody would buy a car that color.


One night we walked along this trail in Los Gatos...



It was really pretty.

Another night I convinced Mitch to get his first pair of Toms.  (Which he has worn all of about three times.  But he has still been wearing sandals.  Maybe more once it's colder?)


Can we talk about our favorite mall there?  (There was one in Cupertino, but our favorite mall was one about 10 minutes away in San Jose.)  They had every store you can think of and then a bunch more.  They had a Nordstrom.  And right across the street was Santana Row.  And they had a Container Store.  And a Paper Source!  I was in heaven.  

Next is a picture of the grassy area right outside Mitch's apartment.  While we're on the subject, let's talk about Mitch's apartment.  It was about twelve steps from his office.  He loved that.  (And it was right around the corner from a Target, Chipotle, and Panera, so I loved it.)  Across from his apartment complex, was this nice grassy amphitheater thing (and the pool).  One night, Mitch had a meeting so I walked to Chipotle and ate dinner on the steps.  It was wonderful.  This picture probably doesn't mean much to everyone else, but I'll remember it.  Actually, I wish I'd spent more time out here and more time walking places.  Everything was so close that I could have.  (Except that we were paying for a rental car, so I felt like we should use it.)


And last is a picture from a hike we did one Saturday.  It felt like hiking the Y because it was a lot of going uphill (while Mitch tried to push me to go faster).  Go us.


Ha.  Looking back I see how random all of my pictures from this summer are.  Well, to be fair, these are all the random pictures that don't fit into their own blog posts.  

Next up, Europe and Asia.  I kid you not.

No comments: