Thursday, October 4, 2012

New nieces and a new hobby!

I've been meaning to blog about Emily's baby shower...


But I'm way too late on that, so instead I'll just blog about the new nieces.

The first niece is Stephanie's daughter, Allyn Renee.  Allyn was born May 20th.



 And the second niece is Emily's daughter, Paisley June.  Paisley was born on June 20th.


Of course, now they're quite a bit older...


Yeah, I'm a little late blogging about them, but at least I'm blogging about them at all.

I also have a new favorite hobby because of these girls.  One day I remembered these...


And decided that every baby needs one.  And they really need to be cross stitched.  Because that's how these things are done.  (At least, I remember Emily had one when she was a baby and it was cross stitched...)  So, I made one for Paisley and one for Allyn.  (I thought I had pictures of Paisley's, but I can't find them.  Hers was more pink, less purple, and different pictures, but otherwise the same idea.)

And it turns out, I secretly really like cross stitching.  Most of my decorations are wood with paint.  And sometimes wood with paint and ribbon or glitter.  Cross stitching is something different.  And I could easily take it with me when I was flying back and forth from here to Cupertino.

No comments: