We really should count up the number of flights we took this summer. Between the two of us, I'd guess it's around forty-ish flights. You figure seven(?) each for our trip to Europe... that's 14. Plus twelve-ish flights back and forth to California. Plus Mitch's flights to Seattle and Kentucky and Tennessee. Plus Mitch's flights to and within Europe and Asia. Yeah, forty-ish is probably a pretty good guess.
Anyway, Mitch loved Europe so much when we were there that he decided to go back...
(Pardon his phone pictures...)
First he went to Luxembourg. (Who goes to Luxembourg??)
Mitch actually went to church in Luxembourg. It was a French speaking ward, so he had to listen to it translated on a set of headphones. But he really liked the ward.
Everything in Luxembourg is suuuuper expensive though, so I guess we won't be moving there anytime soon.
And then he went to Scotland.
(I have no idea what order these are in because I wasn't there.)
(Gotta love the bagpipe guy. What else would you expect from Scotland?)
(This one came out really dark, but it's the one where Mitch saw the Queen.)
He wasn't there on vacation though. He went for "work."
A couple of weeks later he went to Asia.
Mitch said Asia was ridiculously hot and sticky. He said it was the worst heat and humidity combination he has ever been in. And he said the people there drive like fish. If there was room, they drove in it. A three lane highway was five lanes in China. Plus there were scooters weaving in and out of everyone else. And if you were doing something semi-questionable, you would just honk your horn while you did it. I probably would have died.
These are from Beijing:
Mitch actually really liked Tokyo. He said the people were super friendly and there was tons of stuff going on. And the food in Tokyo was better than the food in China. We've decided that Mitch likes American Chinese food, not authentic Chinese food.
Oh, and another Beijing.
Mitch also went to Hong Kong and Shenzhen, but I guess he didn't get pictures of those.
I covet Mitch's new visas in his passport. They're beautiful. He also got one for Brazil, but they didn't end up going there. At least they made it to Asia though. Mitch has been wanting to go to China since before we got married. Now, after one work trip to Asia, it's out of his system. (Oh, Mitch says it's not quite out of his system because he didn't get to see anything. But I think going back is further down on his list than it used to be. I'll take it.)







No comments:
Post a Comment