On his way home from Japan, Mitch flew into Los Angeles instead of San Francisco. I flew into LAX as well and met him there so that we could go to DISNEYLAND with my sister, Sarah, and her boyfriend, Darren. (They were in California for a friend's wedding.)
I probably would have been fine riding Space Mountain all day, but everybody else wanted to ride other things too. Weird.
And then, during the firework show (with everyone around us watching), Darren proposed to Sarah.
She said yes. Awwww...
They're getting married October 20th.
We also got to see my sister and her boyfriend (Stephanie and Alan), their daughter (Allyn), my brother (Jason), and my dad that weekend. I didn't get pictures of any of them though. To be fair, I didn't get very many pictures at Disneyland either. Oh, well.
After visiting with my dad on Sunday, Sarah and Darren drove back to Utah and Mitch and I drove up to Cupertino. The drive was fine until we got to signs telling us there was an accident ahead and if we wanted to avoid it, we should go such and such way instead. So we took the detour and eventually got back on the freeway after we should have passed the accident. Except, we'd passed the accident and there was still bumper to bumper traffic. It took us probably 30 hours to get to the next exit. (Okay, so it just felt like 30 hours.) Once we got off there, we were not getting back on, so Mitch looked up a different route for us. It was a good idea in theory, but essentially we spent two hours-ish driving through the windy roads in the middle of nowhere.
At least there wasn't any traffic...


No comments:
Post a Comment