Sunday, September 30, 2012

The Brothers


After we/I got back from Mitch's, my two youngest brothers moved in with me for the summer.

I only had about 24 hours notice that they were coming--and Mitch was obviously still in California-- so luckily I had Sarah to help me get ready for them.  Neither of us had any actual experience with things like transporting mattresses, but we made it work.  We're beasts.

And then, once they got here, we proceeded to have lots of fun.


1.  Tyler at Veteran's Memorial Pool.  (Have you ever been here?  It was my new favorite thing over the summer.)  This was a picture message I sent to Sarah trying to convince her to join us.
2.  Our first Family Home Evening together.  We wrote our sister, Tracy, a poem for her birthday.  It was awesome.  We laughed for an hour straight.
3.  Tyler made friends at a youth activity and after that, Brandon and I spent a lot of quality time together.  I think this was his first time at Red Robin.
4.  Swimming at our clubhouse pool.

Sometime in... June-ish, Tyler got a job with Sarah at In-N-Out.


(I should explain Brandon's sunglasses.  One time I left Tyler and Brandon at the mall while I was at Emily's midwife appointment around the corner.  They both bought sunglasses in my absence.  I never left them alone again.)

This next picture is a little out of order.  It's from the night they arrived.  On the way home from the airport, Sarah and I explained the "House Rules."  One of the rules was:  If a cat is laying on your bed, you have to sleep on the floor.  (Or if a cat wants your chair, you have to give it up.)  Sarah and I gave Tyler and Brandon a whole lecture about how it was their (the cats) house first and so they got priority. We made it through the whole lecture--and seemingly convinced the boys it was a real rule--before we cracked and started laughing.

Nevertheless, this is what Tyler found when he got home:



We had to send the picture to Sarah.

And this one is from... the 4th of July?  Turns out the brothers like ice cream as much as I do.


Don't worry, they're still here.

No comments: