Tuesday, March 1, 2011

New Love.

A few months ago, I read The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin.
I just borrowed it from the library, but I loved it so much that I finally bought it later. (You should buy it too. Especially since now it's available in paperback!) In her book, Gretchen writes a section called "WORK SMART." She says, "I found a small way to make my office more pleasant. At a party at someone's house, I smelled a scent so lovely that I walked around the room sniffing until I found the source: a Jo Malone Orange Blossom candle. Although I never buy this sort of things, when I got home, I went straight to the computer and ordered one for myself..."

An Orange Blossom candle?? I had to have one! I love orange scented things!

Except, when I looked online, it was $65... $65!!! For a candle! ...So, that wasn't going to happen.

Instead, I began a long, long search (online and in stores) looking for a substitute orange blossom (or any orange) candle. Target. Walmart. Amazon. Etc. Nowhere had one. A couple places had like... orange cranberry or orange pomegranate or whatever, but not plain orange. And Amazon had them, but I wasn't sure about buying a candle online.

I finally found one at Deseret Book (of all places)! Hooray! I'll admit that I paid a little bit more than I wanted to, but my buyer's remorse didn't last long.

Now I cannot get enough of this:


I wanted to save burning it until I had something newly productive to tie it to, so I put it on my nightstand to "save it." But then, that night as I was falling asleep, I noticed that I could smell the candle on my nightstand! I'm telling you, falling asleep with the scent of orange blossoms is a wonderful thing.

All I've been doing is taking the lid off and putting it right back on every now and then and that's enough for me to enjoy it. Eventually I'll actually use it. I can't even imagine how euphoric that's going to be.

No comments: