Sunday, March 6, 2011

Another idea. (Luck notes.)

This seriously takes five seconds to make. And, you can make it as easy or as complicated as you want.

I just used an old vase and cut out letters on my Cricut. I glued the letters on with a hot glue gun. (For some reason, I thought they'd easily come off later if I used a glue gun. They don't. Guess it'll always be a Luck vase.) Then I glued punched shamrocks on the sides, put a ribbon at the top, and cut pieces of green paper. Everything I used, I already had. You could also have just as much fun using pieces of white paper and skip the shamrocks, ribbon, and letters.

Every night, I make I mean ask Mitch to write down something that makes him lucky. I do it too. We use the phrase, "I'm/We're lucky because..." and then write how we'd finish the sentence on a green paper. Then we stick them in the Luck jar. We've also been having our guests write luck notes. (Guests use a different color of paper.) We're going to read them all on the 30th of March.

Fun, huh! I saw a similar idea around Thanksgiving time (instead of lucky, it was grateful) so I just changed it a bit to make it St. Patrick's Day-ish.

Want another fun idea? For my monthly craft night, I baked brownies in ramekins and put mint Oreo ice cream on top with chocolate syrup. It's easy to do and it's green for March!

1 comment:

Emily said...

That's so great that you're going green this month. Going green is so popular these days.