Seriously, guys. I am absolutely smitten-- with our new carpet! Please, humor me and come see it (if you live locally). If not, here's are the pictures that don't quite do it justice (the coloring is a little off and you can't smell the new carpet smell), but they'll do.
First, the BEFORE pictures. Our carpet was the original carpet (12 years old?) and it was a gray-ish blue-ish dirty color. It was super matted down, it wasn't soft, and oh yeah, it was ugly. I hated it. We've wanted to replace it since before we moved in (2 1/2 years ago!).See? I rest my case.
Next, the DURING pictures. Wednesday night we took everything from our upstairs to our downstairs. (Including our bedroom set that we bought last year. As we were assembling it upstairs we realized, "Hm. We should have bought this after the carpet." Lesson learned.) I won't be sharing pictures of our downstairs because it was seriously awful. Just imagine it.
Then, Thursday night we pulled the carpet out. Honestly, it wasn't pulling out the carpet that was hard. It was pulling out the billion (seriously!) staples. That took us hours. (Literally.)It's so strange seeing your house like this.
(Side story: We don't have a truck. We have a truck that we can borrow, but we don't have a truck. So I totally listed our old, dirty carpet on KSL yesterday. I figured it was worth a shot and if someone else wanted to haul it away, it would save us driving it to the dump. I had FOUR people want it! Maybe for a playhouse? Or an unfinished basement? I don't care, actually. I'm just glad it's gone! I recycled!)
Today the guy came to put the carpet in. Yes, I said GUY. I expected a bunch of guyS, but it was just one guy. He did the whole thing by himself!! It took him all day, but really, by himself?? Insane. If you've ever carried a roll of carpet, you know how heavy it is. He carried it by himself, on his back. Crazy.Anyway. Enough of the story. Time for the AFTER pictures. (Just imagine the new carpet smell. It's wonderful. It smells kind of like new clothes.)
How about a side by side comparison?
(I really need to get Mitch to take my pictures. In my defense, he was sick today.)
I love everything about it. I love the color. I love how soft it feels on my toes. I love the new carpet smell.
Ahhhhh...
Halloween in New Zealand
11 years ago
1 comment:
As I was exercising (!) on my crappy carpet last night, I thought - this would be so much easier if I were on JESS'S CARPET!
Post a Comment