Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Surplus.

Uh... So... We're not going to be buying toothpaste, floss, or toothbrushes anytime soon...


I should have spread them out more so that you could tell how many of each there actually is. Maybe we should do our own humanitarian aid project.

Our dentist gives us a toothbrush, a little tube of toothpaste, and a trial size thing of floss every time we get our teeth cleaned. These are just since we've been married, so three-ish years worth at two checkups a year and two of us. That equals about 12 of each item. The thing is, the toothpaste and floss are trial sized (and we always have full sized ones anyway when we get these) and the toothbrushes aren't my favorite kind, so... yeah. They've just all gotten put in a box in the top of our bathroom closet (that rarely gets inventoried). Add to that the extra tooth brushes I've bought and the extra travel sized toothpastes we've bought (for whatever reason) when we were actually traveling and we've got a nice little supply.

Once I realized how many of each item we had (hey, out of sight, out of mind!), I decided we'd actually use these things before we buy more. Just because they're travel sized doesn't mean they're useless. This my little contribution to the environment. Using things we have before we buy more.

We are going to throw away the bubblegum flavored Sponge Bob toothpaste though. I have no idea where that one came from, but neither of us like bubblegum flavored Sponge Bob toothpaste. I think the environment understands.

4 comments:

LibPhoto said...

My daughtter makes little care packages for the missionaries in her area with things like that.

Unknown said...

Alternatively, you could give the spongebob toothpaste to some little kid in your ward who needs a pick-me-up. Grab a $0.30 box of crayons and a punching balloon, put them in a little bag with the toothpaste, and voila! Instant smiles!

Jessica said...

Oooh! Those are great ideas!

See, this is why we blog about silly things like toothpaste.

Stephanie said...

You could use them for long-staying guests.