Saturday, July 31, 2010

July date!

Mitch and I's July date was going to the Days of 47 Rodeo. I like choosing dates for us that are things we haven't done before. This one counted because even though we'd both been to rodeos before, we'd never been together. And, this one was:

1. Indoors.
2. Long.
3. Big enough that the Wells Fargo stagecoach came.

It was pretty fun. Although the rodeo moved a little slowly in general, when there was action, there was a lot of action.

(I don't think the horses really liked that...)

Here's proof that the stagecoach came. There are only like... four? nine? of these in the whole country.

After the stagecoach was the rodeo queen and princesses.

(Yes, I take pictures of the rodeo royalty. That's one of my favorite parts.)

The other thing with this rodeo was that I felt bad of the little calves in the calf roping (or the team roping or whatever it was). Ever since those three calves came to my house a few months ago, I've liked calves. And seriously, I wanted to tell these little calves to just stop running and give up. The sooner they catch you, the sooner you can go home.

I don't think this is a calf in this picture. This is just some other event.

Mitch's favorite part was the bull riding.

We got lots of pictures of the bulls.

The End.

No comments: