I've been chastened for not blogging recently. Time to catch up.
Two weeks ago, we went camping overnight with our friends, Kyle and Heather, and their two little girls. K & H drove up Thursday night and set all of their stuff up and then we drove up Friday night after Mitch got done with work.
We set up our tent (at a REAL campsite!) and then Mitch started a "one match fire" while we waited for K & H to get back from the lake. (What a handy husband!)
Check out our campsite. Most of it is K & H's stuff, but we felt pretty legit anyway.The next morning, Kyle and Mitch went fishing bright and early (like, 6:00 am) while the girls slept until a more reasonable hour.
Once Heather and I were tired of waiting for the men to come back, we took it upon ourselves to start the fire. Unfortunately, we have no pictures of our fire.
Eventually, after breakfast and naps, we all went back out on the lake for some more fishing. I caught the first fish of the afternoon and it was THE BIGGEST ONE.Like, TWICE as big as all the other fish we caught.
We all took turns catching fish. Sometimes Mitch would catch one, sometimes Allison, sometimes Heather, sometimes Kyle, and sometimes me. And sometimes, two at the same time.The girls loved touching each fish.
And we had to laugh at Heather because this is how she fished for awhile.
Also, the whole camping trip I was Allison's BEST FRIEND.We colored together, we ate together, we picked flowers together, we dipped our feet in the lake together, etc.
And, after a long, fun day of fishing and camping, Mitch and I went home. H & K stayed one more night and then came home too. We had a fun time!
Halloween in New Zealand
11 years ago
1 comment:
These are awesome!!! I need to get copies of your pictures! I LOVE the picture of me fishing!
Post a Comment