I'm finally getting around to blogging about my Thursday.
WELL. One of my goals this year was to go to a concert. The only "real" concerts I've ever been to have been N'Sync in high school (I had a friend that loved N'Sync and had an extra ticket) and 311 (I was dating a guy that loved 311 and well, you know...). That's it. Frankly, I hate the idea of spending $$$ on three hours. Anyway. I felt like I needed to do it. Unfortunately, there aren't very many artist that I really like. When I set the goal, I wasn't sure who I'd go see. But THEN, I heard about the Rascal Flatts concert.
Now, I can take or leave the Rascal Flatts. I mean, they're good and I used to like them more but, eh. They're fine. But Jessica Simpson was opening for them. I like Jessica. Judge me if you want but, I loved Newlyweds. I've always wanted to go to one of her concerts but tickets to her concerts are $. But tickets to the Rascal Flatts concert aren't $$$. Well, they can be but you can also get $ tickets. And your $ tickets still let you see Jessica. Great.
I talked to Mitch about it. He was about as excited about Jessica Simpson and the Rascal Flatts as you'd imagine. Although he was willing, I ended up going with Kaitlin instead because she likes Jessica too.
When we got there, we picked up our $ tickets at Will Call and went over to the usher that was waiting to scan them and let us in. He scanned mine first and his scanner made a weird dinging noise. He told me there was a problem with my ticket and to go to the Ticket Problems counter. ...Okay... He scanned Kaitlin's and hers had the same issue. To reassure us, he confided that it looked like our tickets had been upgraded. We went to the Ticket Problems counter.
Our tickets had been upgraded. Apparently the seats that we bought had a curtain in front of them. So our $ tickets became $$$ tickets. For free. We had our tickets scanned and went on in. Turns out, our new tickets were in the third row. We even had to get wristbands because our seats were on the floor. Awesome.
Anyway. We saw Jessica.
And the Rascal Flatts were okay too.
My favorite was the main guy (at least... I think he was the main guy...) because he was so sparkly. (Seriously. His pants. His shirt. His watch. Lots of glitter and lots of bling.)
I would still like to see a whole Jessica concert sometime but even if I never do, I feel satisfied. And now I can cross that off my list.
2 comments:
I'm super jealous. I love Jessica, and I love Rascal Flatts. Consider yourself VERY lucky in my eyes:)
Looks like fun! I've seen Jessica in concert before and she was pretty good. I'm glad you had a good time. :)
I'm trying to do our taxes this weekend but I can't figure out what line I would put the retirement thing on? Do you know? I remember you said it was easy to do. Thanks for your help! You can email me or text/call me.
julianne(dot)best(at)yahoo(dot)com
801.368.2006
Post a Comment