Thursday, February 12, 2009

Breaking.

Oh gosh.

I have an ed psych test that I have to take sometime before Saturday-- and obviously since I haven't taken it yet and since Saturday is Valentine's Day (and I'm not super interested in taking it on Valentine's Day), tomorrow it is. And I've known that I needed to take it. But when did I start really studying? Certainly not all week like I should have. [sigh] So I've been paying for it today. Big time. And that's why my life isn't exciting. Plus I had other homework to do for tomorrow. (Ugh.) Part way through I took a break to look at flights to Washington, D.C.-- for this weekend. "Why not?" I thought. But obviously it's not realistic. It was fun to take a break though. Oh, and earlier I had to take a break to clean the keyboard on my computer. I accidentally snapped one of the letters off and saw how dirty it was underneath. I had to clean it. And then I got back to studying. Until I started hearing sirens. Lots of sirens. And I could see that the cars going northbound on the freeway were stopped. And I wanted to know what was going on. So I had to email Ash. She told me I should send Mitch out to drive past it and see what was going on-- even if it meant he'd have to sit in traffic. (Ash, you make me laugh.) He said no. Oh well. But while I was watching the part of the freeway that I can see from our house (since the houses across the street block a lot of our freeway view) I noticed it was snowing. Which reminded me I'd been meaning to invite a friend from California up here to visit the snow. That friend wasn't online so I invited a different California friend. (You may be thinking, "No wonder it's taking you so long to study..." but let me assure you I've done a lot of studying today. These small breaks were spread over like... eight hours.) And then I got back to studying.

I also had several errands to run today. I did them before I started studying at all. (Procrastination at its finest.) First I went to Target to get a protractor and compass for my last-math-class-of-my-life. They only had ugly colors (orange and purple or blue and green) so I didn't get anything. Then I went to Robert's to get paper for my craft night next week (still don't love the Orem Robert's as much as the Provo Robert's). Then I went and visited Ashley and Holly. And then I went to Walmart to get a protractor and compass (not a fan of Walmart but they did end up having better colors). And then I went home and started studying. (Really.) Which essentially leads us to now.

And now I've breaked from my studying long enough.

No comments: