Friday, February 20, 2009

February Crafting!

This month we only did one craft but it was a cute one! We made SPRING blocks. And it worked out well since we wouldn't have had the time or space to do more than one this time. Unfortunately I forgot to get pictures until the very, very end when almost everyone had already left. Sad...

Anyway, here's how some of them turned out:


Kathryn's,

Heather's,


and mine.

And I have a bunch of blocks left over so, I'm planning on making more later.

Also, Kaitlin asked me to post last night's dessert recipe so, here it is.

Danish Puffs

Mix 1 c. flour, 1/2 c. butter, 2 tbsp. water. Spread on ungreased cookie sheet. Combine another 1/2 c. butter and 1 c. water in saucepan. Bring to rolling boil. Add 1 tsp. almond extract. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 c. flour quickly to keep from lumping. Stir in 3 eggs, one at a time, beating until smooth. Spread on dough. Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes. Frost with a powdered sugar icing. Sprinkle nuts on top if desired.

Cut into diamond shapes (corners, not at 90 degree angles).

Thanks for coming, girls. It's always fun!

3 comments:

erin said...

Kathryn is in your crafting group? Okay, I am so there for March.

Unless you do it sometime between March 7 and March 16. I will be out of town.

Philip and Kristy said...

They turned out so cute! I was sad that I couldn't make it! I missed out!

Kristal said...

You guys did a great job! Ill be there next time I promise. My pregnancy brain will not interfere this time!