Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas!

Mitch's parents offered to let us spend the night at their house last night but, instead, we decided to sleep at our house and then go over in the morning. So we did. Bright and early.

We had assumed that when we got there, everyone would be up and ready to go. Not so. We had to wake M's brothers up. Hooray for teenagers that realize you don't have to get up at 6:00 am; the presents will still be there at 8:00/9:00/10:00/etc.


Kaiden was really excited though! For every. single. present.


After presents and breakfast, everyone kind of... scattered. The kids went to their other grandparent's house. Travis went to see The Girlfriend. Alex went to work. Etc. M's parents took a nap. And M took a nap. So I ended up kind of dozing.

AND THEN, my father-in-law and I did the best. puzzle. ever. (Did = started and best = probably the worst but we are going to finish it.) It's the world's smallest puzzle and the pieces are the size of your thumb nail. Literally. (Don't worry, we have another family thing at M's parents' tomorrow so, we'll finish it then.)

We finally pulled ourselves away from the puzzle and went to M's grandparents' house. Honestly, by then I was just exhausted. We visited for awhile and then came home. (And the are some times that I just love my quiet, clean house.)

Oh, also, now I can show the projects Mitchell and I have been working on. Last year Mitch made me a necklace holder and my mom has been wanting one ever since. So this year, he made her a necklace holder like mine.


And a few months ago, M's mom mentioned that she wanted a "bright apron" like the one that my friend, Ashley, got me for my birthday. So, since none of the to buy ones seemed really her, we picked fabric that we thought she'd like and I made her one copying the one that I have.


Ta da! We like projects. (Remember, we still have the house project we did to post about!) We also like catching up/staying current on blogging.

1 comment:

zookeeper08 said...

Aw! There's Mitch, actually making my necklace holder! Wonderful! :-)

It turned out terrific and I'm so glad he believed me when I said I wanted one! (Now I want more jewelry...)