Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Jessica discovers sweatpants.

(Pretend I blogged this last Thursday, okay?)

A few years ago, I worked at an office with two males, my boss and his office partner. We talked about all kinds of things (that happens when you spend so much time together) and I remember the office partner mentioning several times how much he hates when women wear sweatpants. He said that women let themselves go when they wear sweats-- no make up, hair up in a messy ponytail, and sweats. You've seen plenty of girls like that and you know it. I'd never thought about it before but, I could totally understand his reasoning. And frankly, I'd never owned a pair of sweats so, I couldn't defend them. Yep. I had never owned a pair of sweats. I had capris and shorts that I could wear to the gym but never pants or sweats. Not even lounge pants. Until now.

I'm taking an ice skating class at school (my FIRST ever real elective and I'm a SENIOR!) and I'd been just wearing jeans even though I kind of, sort of knew that I probably, maybe should be wearing some kind of more... movable pants. So I finally bought sweats.

They are fantastic.

Absolutely fantastic.

Still though, I kind of agreed that I shouldn't wear them in public because I was not going to be one of those women that lets themselves go. They were just for skating in. But THEN. I wore them to a class today (remember, you're pretending I wrote this last Thursday). My main class was canceled so I just had one class at 9:30 and it was only 50 minutes long. I rationed that it would be okay, just this once.

But get this-- like four people told me that I looked cute!

I'm going to wear them more often. Sweatpants are my new favorite thing. I want to (but don't) wear them everywhere.

(I wonder if maybe he meant sweatpants with ankles? Maybe those are what the women that let themselves go wear...)

The End.

6 comments:

BJ Homer said...

Just promise me they're not these sweatpants, okay:

http://www.revolveclothing.com/DisplayProduct.jsp?product=MJOL-MP6&c=Pants&s=C&d=b&sc=Sweatpants

LibPhoto said...

LOL, this post deserves pictures to go along with it!

Isaac and Taniel said...

hahaha. Just discovered your blog. Love it. I'll bet that you just rocked the sweat-pants.

Analeis Paul said...

I don't own any...Maybe I should invest in some?!

A said...

YES!!!!! I discovered sweat pants this year too, and they are simply amazing. There's no going back now. :):) I bet you looked great!

Jill said...

I always wear makeup with sweatpants. Why do you need an awesome outfit for the grocery store or something?