I'm finally finished with my garden for the year. It was just too consistently cold so, after covering it nightly for two or three weeks (so that the frost wouldn't get it), I decided to be done.
I went from this...
And this...
(YAY! These melons actually turned out SUPER good!)
To this...
(Stupid frost.)
And finally, this.
I definitely learned a lot with my garden/yard this year.
1. We don't care about the stupid pond in the other part of our yard, we want more garden! (Okay, or a tree.)
2. Tomatoes need to be guided as to where they should grow. If you don't guide them, they grow randomly.
3. Meh. They all taste good, even if the over all presentation of the garden is a little sloppy.
4. Mitch doesn't garden.
When I was pulling everything out, I picked everything, including the green tomatoes because they can ripen inside. I loaded all of the tomatoes into containers and took them inside, but I didn't leave any of them on the counter.
Why?
Because Annie gets confused.
She has a red bouncy ball and a green bouncy ball. (Actually, they're Annie and Alley's but Annie is more interested in balls and Alley is more interested in mice.) And the tomatoes look a lot like her bouncy balls. Same size, same shape, same color.
See? Two of those are bouncy balls, two are cherry tomatoes.
Earlier in the summer, I'd often find tomatoes in our downstairs bathroom and under our stairs. If I was lucky, they wouldn't be smashed, they'd just be in there because Annie had played with them until they'd rolled under a door and out of her reach. I wanted to be mad (mostly because I knew that the tomatoes were on the counter and Annie is very not allowed on the counters) but it was so funny that she was confusing the two, I couldn't help but laugh.
I learned though. And that's why I did not put the containers of tomatoes on the counter.
The End.
Halloween in New Zealand
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment