Mitch needed new contacts. And a new prescription because, for some reason, the last time he saw an eye doctor was November of 2007.
Since Mitch was going, I wanted to go. I'd never been to a real eye doctor. The last time my eyes were "checked" was probably in 5th grade when the LION van came to the school to check everyone's vision and hearing. Oh, and then at the DMV (does that even count?). I guess it was just the kind of thing where I hadn't noticed a problem, so why go? Made sense to me. Except that this time we have eye exams on our insurance so it was just a ten dollar co-pay and I thought it'd be fun. (And Mitch is nice enough to humor me about this kind of thing.)
So we went!
And boy, was that fun! First, they have you play this game where you watch this dark little square and any time you see a fuzzy spot on the sides, you click the controller thing. Pretty sure I was good at that one. (I only accidentally clicked it once.)
Then, they take pictures of your eyes with really, really bright lights. It took me a few tries. Next time I'll have to practice shining ridiculously bright lights in my eyes before I go. (Or not.)
AND THEN,
we met with the eye doctor. And he did a bunch of tests and stuff.
And I kept feeling like I was giving wrong answers until the doctor told me there were no wrong answers. And then it turned out I passed anyway-- with 20/15 vision!
I knew my eyes were good.
And then it was Mitch's turn.
His was more technical, probably, because he actually does have contacts. Pretty sure he had fun too though.
Then again, I'm not sure I would have had as much fun if I had ended up needing glasses.
(Speaking of which, before we went I warned Mitch that chances are, if I DID need glasses, I'd probably end up wanting the expensive frames. We laughed. Then when we were there, I looked at the frames just to see. And sure enough, I would have wanted these cute Kate Spade ones. Thank goodness for good eyes.)
And that was our trip to the eye doctor (with pictures from our phones).
Halloween in New Zealand
11 years ago
2 comments:
20/15 is amazing! You should be a fighter pilot! ;)
Luckyyyy... I want 20/15 eyes... :/
Post a Comment