Friday, October 2, 2009

Our most embarrassing moment (with a happy ending).

We had the. most. embarrassing. moment. ever. last week.

SO.

Every month, we have one of the FHE groups from the Single's Ward over to our house for Family Home Evening. They always take care of the lesson and the activity; we just do the dessert. The thing is, we never know what they're going to do for their lesson and activity until that night.

WELL.

Have you ever played that game where you have a paper bag standing up on the ground and you have to bend down (sometimes only using one foot) and pick it up with your teeth? Then, once everyone has had a chance, they cut the bag down so that it's shorter. Everyone gets another turn and then they cut it shorter. If you fall, you're out. It's a game that's in the same family as the limbo. (And Mitch loves it, by the way.)

Anyway, they moved the coffee table in our living room so that they would have room to play. The problem was though, we have two cats. And a vacuum cleaner that doesn't suck. At least not very well. And I try to vacuum often but:

1. Even when I do, it doesn't get vacuumed very well.
2. That means that I end up having to pick up a lot with my fingers that the vacuum won't get.
3. I hate doing it.
4. There was a ton of cat hair on my rug.
4.5. Admittedly, I could have vacuumed more recently.
5. But I didn't know they'd be bending over and getting that close to my rug!

It was so embarrassing. I was worried people would get fur in their mouths.

At that point though, what was I supposed to do? (Besides die.)

{sigh}

BUT!

There's a happy ending.

Mitch and I had been talking (and talking) about getting a new vacuum cleaner. One that can handle our kitties. I think this incident made my case for getting a new vacuum because eight days later, I got...


MY DYSON!!!


(Yes, I took a picture with my Dyson vacuum cleaner.)

I never knew that I could love anything so much.

3 comments:

Kristal said...

You're so lucky and I'm so jealous!

Ethan said...

Wow, lucky you! I really want a Dyson...somday!

HalnJess said...

SOOO funny! I love the line about not knowing they'd be bending over that close to your rug. SO RANDOM! And then I laughed when you took a picture with your vacuum - I would TOTALLY take a picture with it if "cough cough" Hal would ever get me a Dyson.

So we didn't make it up there this weekend - I'll have to email you about it.