Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Getting stuff done.

Now that we're back, we've had time to run a lot of our errands that we'd been putting off. We'd meant to do some of them last week but, with all the snow, we ended up only doing the absolutely necessary things and neglecting the rest.

Our biggest project has been assembling our new living room furniture. It was our Christmas present from us to us. We were even good about leaving it all in its boxes before Christmas. I wanted to spend Christmas day assembling it but it wasn't practical with the whole being out of town thing so we did most of it last night and some today. We're actually really good at assembling furniture. (We should be, I guess. We've certainly done it enough times.) Actually, while we were building it we realized we've never really had any furniture that we haven't had to assemble. Anyway, we're still getting the last few things we need to make the room complete but as soon as it's done, I'll have to post before and after pictures.

I don't know if I've mentioned it before or not but, we've actually mostly banned HGTV at our house. It's too inspiring.

Also, it's so weird not having school. I know I should be enjoying the break (especially considering what I'll have on my plate next semester) but it's hard not having a set schedule. Oh well.

1 comment:

Whitney R said...

hahaha, banned HGTV. I watch and get inspired, but then think about the time and money and then get uninspired.

We are finally ordering couches tomorrow and I'm excited to re-arrange furniture to see how it will look and if we'll like it.

I commented back on my blog, but I'll comment here again. Not pregnant right now, but hopefully in the next few months. Jaren has told me he is ready as of 3 weeks ago. It's pretty exciting! I probably shouldn't talk about it on my blog because people will ask questions when I finally do get pregnant. Oh well!